You need link-building in your SEO strategy and every SEO expert will confirm this. That and high-quality content are crucial. Google uses those two things to rate your website on search. That is the reason we will be talking more about this topic and showing you where you can find out even more about it. SEO is a very specific area that changes often so in order to stay on top of your SEO strategy you need to learn new things often. So, read on and by the end, you will know much more.
The more backlinks your page has, the more search traffic it will get from Google – simple as that. But not all backlinks are good. Also, not all of them will be appreciated by Google’s search engines. There is something called toxic backlinks and you need to get rid of them. Since this is not our focus topic we will not further this but you should still know something about them. When some other websites link to your website the search algorithms determines that you have something called an authority in your field since other relevant brands are referring to you. The higher your authority gets, the better your search rankings will be.
What is a link-building strategy?
To simple it down because you probably know this – link building is the practice of gaining links back to your website in order to improve your authority and search engine rankings. The most common link-building strategies may include creating infographics and guest posting (currently the most popular one but there is so much more like skyscraping and similar). You can learn more from the Link Department experts about many link-building strategies that are available and popular nowadays.
- 42% of SEO experts spend the exact amount of time on building internal and external links.
- 46% of marketers spend around 10 000 dollars annually on link building.
- 61% of marketers say that they spend up to 10% of the budget on link building.
- 41% of marketers expect the cost of link building to increase in the future.
- 69% of marketers believe that buying links positively impacts the search engines.
- 51% of SEO experts say that bloggers should include up to three internal links.
- 36% of SEO experts claim that bloggers should include up to five internal links.
- 13% of SEO experts claim that out of all SEO tactics link building is the most important one.
- 36% of businesses outsource to SEO experts for their link-building efforts.
- 60% of businesses or even more outsource link building efforts to agencies or contractors.
The future of link building
Almost all experts claim that links will always be an important ranking factor. We cannot say in which form but it looks like the links valued by Google will be for a long time the ones you get as a result of having a good quality product and great marketing. In the past, Google didn’t quite understand links very well but every year Google is getting better and better and now understands just how relevant the link is and whether it was paid or not. Here are some predictions for the future – anchor text and deep linking will matter less and less in the future.
Stats about near future
According to much research, you can also find online just by using Google – it is estimated that by the end of 2021, 73% of E-commerce sales will come from smartphones. What does that mean for you? It means that now is a perfect time to further establish brand trust and online presence through link building.
Link building is very competitive nowadays
Many companies, SEO experts, and marketers are investing more and more and more money into link building. Today link-building in your SEO strategy is a must and it has become very competitive. Broken link-building that once gained results is becoming more and more ineffective and not to mention way too time-consuming and tedious. Nofollow links are becoming very valuable nowadays. In the past, they were considered to be worthless but they gained popularity recently.
More statistics about the effectiveness of link-building in your SEO strategy
- 75% of SEO is off-page ( actions taken outside of your own website that impact your rankings )
- Google’s ranking algorithm has only two criteria and links are one of them
- 92% of marketers believe that in five years links will also be the top two ranking criteria
We used many websites to gather all this research for you to see just how valuable link-building is in your SEO strategy. If you haven’t focused on it as much before now is the perfect time to do it since everything points that it will stay just as important in the future. We are talking five years from now, of course, it’s hard to predict beyond that.
Who can help you out?
A hiring an SEO expert is the best course if you simply don’t have the time to do it on your own. There are plenty of SEO experts nowadays available and pretty much all of them understand just how important link building in your SEO strategy is so you can talk about this. Your expert will be able to offer some solutions and strategies and you should be open and explain to them exactly what you want and need. That way you will be on the same page.
If hiring an in-house is not to your liking you can hire an agency to help you out for a certain amount of time or you can learn on your own everything there is to know about this topic. There is no specific school just for SEO. This is something you learn over the years of practice and you can find every relevant piece of information about it online.